Small Injection Pad
Small Injection Pad
Born of a customer request for a realistic yet economical small injection pad, Paddy is designed for practicing or demonstrating needle injections, including vaccines. This 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" nursing kit staple realistically simulates three types of injections, including intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intradermal. Made of lightweight foam and a skin-like polymer in both light and dark skin shades, Paddy looks, feels, and responds surprisingly close to the real thing. Whether you are learning needle injections for the first time or are a veteran looking to brush up on your skills, Paddy is a small injection pad that packs a big punch.
The Paddy small injection pad is a realistic and economical tool for practicing or demonstrating the following types of injections:
- Intramuscular (IM) – into the muscle
- Subcutaneous – into the fat layer between skin and muscle
- Intradermal (ID) – into the dermis
Do you need to practice intravenous (IV) injections? Check out our “Venous Bleu” Venipuncture & IV Administration Trainer.
What is included
The Paddy small injection pad includes the following contents:
- One (1) small injection pad, in light or dark skin tone
- One (1) storage tray
- Three (3) removable epidermis layer pads
Additional epidermis layer pads are available to purchase separately.
The Paddy small injection pad is the culmination of advanced techniques and proprietary formulations that create a realistic medical practice experience. The following signature features are just some of the ways this simulation tool stands out:
- Smart, compact design measuring 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 1-3/4"
- Simulates intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections
- A removable epidermis layer mimics a wheal
- Can be used with fluid-filled syringes
- Open bottom allows for easy fluid drainage
- Comprised of lightweight foam and skin-like polymer
- Low maintenance and long-lasting design
- Formulated and assembled in Perkasie, PA using USA-made materials
Contact our responsive sales team to learn more about the features of the Paddy small injection pad.
What Our Customers Love
We collaborate with medical industry experts and use their input to create simulation models that benefit nurses, other medical professionals, pharmaceutical companies, and continuing education institutions. Here’s some of what these groups love about the Paddy small injection pad:
With so many unrealistic rubbery and stiff nylon injection pads on the market, we designed Paddy to more closely mimic the feel of real tissue. Our customers often comment on the realism of the specialized skin-like epilayer and the accuracy of the skin puncture resistance that we’ve achieved with our proprietary formulation. Additionally, both light and dark skin tones look more realistic than gold or white alternatives.
No Hassle Fluid Draining
We designed the Paddy small injection pad for use with fluid-filled syringes. Unlike other injection pads that require cumbersome disassembly and reassembly to drain the fluids, we kept the underside of the pad open instead of sealing it to allow for easy draining. Simply lift the pad from the tray, drain, and then drop it back onto its tray and reuse. No complicated instructions are required!
Easy to Transport and Store
At 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 1-3/4", the Paddy small injection pad is small enough to toss in your backpack, briefcase, or nursing kit and take with you. Besides its compact design, customers also appreciate the squared-off tops that make Paddy easy to stack and store, unlike other small injection pads with rounded tops that topple over when stacked.
Perhaps one of the most loved benefits of the Paddy small injection pad is that it lasts a long time. It has a near-infinite shelf life with proper care, reducing your order frequency, and saving you money. To prolong its lifespan, we recommend routinely soaking Paddy in antimicrobial dish soap and letting it air dry. So long as this small injection pad stays dry, it will remain resistant to microbial growth and other damage.
Versatile Injection Practice
The Paddy small injection pad can help you practice or demonstrate three types of injections, even those using fluid-filled syringes, packing a big punch in a small injection pad. Whether for intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections, customers love using this small but mighty medical simulation tool to master them all. If you add one new component to your nursing kit, this versatile and essential injection pad is it.
We designed the Paddy small injection pad in two skin tones that closely mimic the look of actual human tissue, creating a more realistic practice experience to enhance the educational value.
Light skin tone: SKU INJ-SP-01
Dark skin tone: SKU: INJ-SP-01D
Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We’re proud to stand behind our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee that ensures you’re happy with your order, or we’ll work to make it right. If for any reason one of our products falls short of your expectations, simply return your order, and we’ll issue an exchange or store credit within 30 days of receipt.
Learn more about our return policy and procedures.
Shipping and Ordering Information
Paddy small injection pads are in stock, and most standard orders are available to ship within 24-48 hours.
For larger orders over 500 units, please contact us online, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (267) 884-0684 to learn about volume discounts and expected lead times.
The Paddy small injection pad is incredibly easy to use, requires virtually no maintenance outside routine cleaning, and needs no special care other than to keep it dry.
Upon receiving your order, follow these use instructions for best results:
- Remove the injection pad, tray, and epidermis layers from the packaging.
- Prepare the product for intradermal injection by peeling the backing from the replaceable epidermis layer. Wipe the top of the pad with rubbing alcohol. (Skip this step for intramuscular and subcutaneous practice injections.)
- Place the epidermis layer on top of the injection pad and press to adhere. (Skip this step for intramuscular and subcutaneous practice injections.)
- Perform the desired injection procedure per clinical protocols. Be aware some injections may cause leakage from the bottom of the pad, depending on the injection location and fluid volume.
- Clean up by squeezing the pad over a sink or paper towel to remove any residual liquid.
Tips and Tricks:
- The edges of the epidermis layer may curl up if left in a humid environment. Press on the edges to flatten.
- It is normal for some liquid to ooze through the epidermis layer onto the surface of the small injection pad. Rest assured that this will not compromise the product’s performance.
- Routinely soak in antimicrobial dish soap and let it air dry.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Download and print these instructions, tips, and tricks to keep them handy.
Question about using or caring for the Paddy small injection pad? Contact us for expert answers.
If you’re ready to discover why we’re quickly becoming the industry leaders in medical simulation models, reach out to us today. Let us show you how we can help you achieve a more realistic practice experience at a competitive price.